NSC Support for New Regions
CoDA National Steering Committee is keen on supporting the development of new Regions across the UK so that meetings from all over the UK have a voice at Local (Regional) and National (CoDA NSC) level.
If a Region does not currently exist in your area and you would like further information or support in how to set one up, then please contact
North Region (including Scotland and Wales) email@example.com or
the London & South East Region (LSER) firstname.lastname@example.org
These are regional groups formed by the meetings in parts of the UK to discuss issues raised by groups before taking them to the NSC, and to organise social events and workshops within their area.
Currently there are two regions:
1) The London and the South East Committee(LSER) although established for several years has been dormant since May 2018, for further details, refer to: CoDA LSER.
In previous years they have provided 2 representatives to the CoDA National Steering Committee, reviewed and proposed guidelines and organised several successful sponsorship workshops and a variety of social events.
2) CoDA North Region (including Scotland and Wales)
Committee was established in 2017, and currently consists of two nominated members – Chair, and Treasurer. There is a vacant Secretary position available. They meet four times a year. All CoDA groups within the North, North East and Wales area are encouraged to send along a GSR. Details of forthcoming meetings can be found on the events page.
The region focuses on group issues and projects, group support, promoting events, workshops and sponsorship with the aim of encouraging the continual growth of the fellowship.
Examples of Regional Matters
· The Health of Meetings – use of Coda literature, 12 Traditions, group size
· Identifying group issues and requests – the eyes and ears of the groups
· Events – socials/conventions/workshops
NSC – examples of National Matters
· Coda UK Website
· Where to Find – Meeting Lists
· Sponsorship Guidelines
· Service Guidelines
· Group Conscience Guidelines
· Sharing Guidelines
· CoDA Shares
· New Meeting Packs
· Public Information